Once again it's been a while since I've updated here. I've been busy blogging book reviews over at http://aguyagirlandateenbookblog.blogspot.com, and it's going really well, but I wanted to take a moment to blog about some Thanksgiving goodness. I missed the boat on the one-thing-you're-thankful-for-each-day Facebook meme, so today I'm playing catch up. Thirty days hath November, so here are my thankful thirty...in no particular order. :)
1. My Savior.
2. My family.
3. My friends, who now span all across this country and even across oceans!
4. my college education and all the experiences it brought me in the classroom and especially out! (We sure did some random and AWESOME things!)
5. LSU sports...and all the near heart attacks and sheer glee they have caused me. Geaux Tigers
6. all the places I've been lucky enough to travel to and all the things I've learned along the way
7. coffee...particularly java chip fraps and Cafe Verona blend
8. my dog
9. the good ol' U.S. of A. and the freedoms we enjoy, especially free speech, freedom of religion, and the right to vote
10. my job and the confidence that I am doing exactly what I was born to do and loving every second of it
12. a reliable car
13. the fact that I've never gone hungry (praying for those today who are unsure where their next meal is coming from)
14. my Compassion kiddo in Honduras and the joy her letters bring me
15. my church...oh, how I do love Salem Chapel, Salem Kids, and my Life Group...my heart has found a home
16. art - music, literature, theatre, and dance
17. modern conveniences...I'm a huge history nerd, but I really love running water and the Internet ;)
21. the Word of God
22. curling up in my warm bed and having a roof over my head
23. worship music
25. Pinterest (shallow, I know, but for real it is so useful!)
27. my hometown
28. my new hometown
29. Jenn Sloane Carter and our incredible friendship
30. Disney World ;)
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Board Doc #19: Pura Belpre Award Expansion
19 hours ago